To schedule a BlueJeans Event, follow these instructions, or watch our training video. Click the Events tab in your BlueJeans account, then the blue "Schedule Event" button.
- Enter an Event Title
- Provide a Description
- Select a Starting Date, Time, and Duration (Time zone adjustment available. Check “Repeat Event” and complete the form if more than one occurrence of this event is planned - not available with certain plans). Click Continue to proceed.
- Choose an Event Type (Public Event allows anyone to join, no BJN account needed. Restricted Event allows only members of your Enterprise Group to join. They’ll be asked to enter their BJN credentials). Check if you will require Attendee Registration. Attendees will receive an email to register before attending the event. This will restrict Attendees from joining via the dial-in mode. Click here for Registration details.
- Event Branding. We will include a default "welcome" and ending "thank you" message. You can enable your own custom messages, if you wish.
- Add a brand Watermark.
Enable or Disable Event Settings:
- Event Chat – Event-wide chat for all participants.
- Attendee Search – Allows Attendees to search for other Attendee’s names.
Q&A – Attendees can submit questions for Moderator or Presenters to answer.
- Allow anonymous questions, or
- Auto approve questions.
- Auto Recording – The Event will automatically record.
- Phone Dial-in – Up to 500 Attendees can attend via Phone.
- Raise Hand - Allow Attendees to raise their hand and be promoted to Presenter level.
- Display Attendee Count - Show the live Attendee count to all Attendees in the event.
- Click "Schedule" after your setting selections are complete.
Now it’s time to send out the invitations. Under the three tabs, fill in the email addresses, or, you can copy the event URL and paste to your preferred scheduling tool.
- Presenters will show slides, provide lecture material, etc. Their video will also be seen by the audience.
- Moderators control the event (muting presenter mics and cameras, accepting attendee requests to join as presenters). As Event Scheduler, you will always receive a copy of the Moderator Invite.
Attendees watch and listen. They cannot be seen or heard, unless they “raise their hand” and are promoted to presenter.
Please Note: Each Endpoint Type (see below) has a maximum number of connections that can be allocated from the 15,000 Attendee Capacity.
- Web Browser - Up to 15,000
- iOS & Android - Up to 15,000
- Phone - Up to 500
Room System - Up to (100 - (Number of Moderators + Presenters))
- Example: If your event has 2 Moderators and 10 Presenters, then the maximum number of Room System Attendees that can join your event is 88.
- Please Note: Each Endpoint Type (see below) has a maximum number of connections that can be allocated from the 15,000 Attendee Capacity.
- Copy the join information, if you prefer to paste to your calendar tool to send the invites. Click Done (or "Send Invitations," if you are adding emails) to complete the steps.
Your scheduled event will bee seen under the "upcoming" tab in Events:
- Click to review who was invited. Invite additional participants, as needed
- Create event Polls, before the event, if you want participants to vote in surveys or questionnaires
- Edit the event (change date/time, event Type, Branding or any Setting)
- Copy the complete join insructions (URL string, instructions for room system, mobile and phone) for Moderators, Presenters and Attendees
Need help moderating your event? The BlueJeans support team is here to assist you. Fill out this form to schedule one of our experts to work with you in making sure your event is spectacular!