The BlueJeans Desktop App 2.0 can be deployed using various Centralized Management Tools (Citrix, SCCM, Microsoft Terminal Server, etc.).
Supported Operating Systems:
- 64-bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and above are supported (note: WIndows 8 is not supported).
- Must have .NET framework version 4.5.1+ installed.
- Note if you have users on 32-bit machines, you will need to deploy our 1.x App. The file and instructions can be found here.
- macOS version 10.10 and above.
- Following the release schedule by Apple, the Desktop App 2.0 will support the 4 most recent major macOS versions.
- At this time no versions of Linux are supported. We'll have more information on Linux support in the near future
Here are the different options:
Per Machine for Windows
This setup will install the App on a per machine (registry entry under HKLM and installation under Program Files) basis and requires Admin rights for installation. When using the machine MSI, all updates are disabled. This means that all future updates must continue to be centrally pushed by admins. Periodically BlueJeans will update our App minimum version requirement. BlueJeans will provide communication around this, however, admins should attempt to keep current with the latest App version to avoid any disruption.
- Command Line Switch for silent deployment: msiexec /i “BlueJeans.2.12.204m.msi” /q
Individual User Installation for Windows (BlueJeans Recommended)
This setup will install the App on a per user (registry entry under HKCU and installation under AppData) basis and does not require Admin rights for installation. The user build will auto-update itself. It is intended to pre-install the application on user's desktops once and then let the app handle its own updates.
In most cases, the general installer should be used. This will install the App as the user and will give the user permission to update their BlueJeans installation when new versions are released.
Admin-Controlled Installs and Updates
The Admin installer should be used when an IT team requires complete control over BlueJeans installs and updates. This is most common in situations where the user is not an admin of their own machine.
- If you are moving from the 1.x App to 2.x, you will need to do a one-time remove of the 1.x App before you deploy the 2.x App (otherwise users will have both on their machines). This is a one-time requirement and will not be needed when you move to future 2.x versions.
- When you push the App centrally, please ensure you are launching the App once right after installation. This will help avoid users accidentally downloading the App, since BlueJeans can only detect the App if it is launched at least once.
If users wish to share video clips, a separately-installed driver is required to capture audio to send to meeting participants. This audio driver may be centrally deployed, if desired. Please see the Video Clip Sharing with BlueJeans App 2.x article for details.