Installing the App
To get the latest version of the app, visit our Downloads page, or, simply join your first BlueJeans meeting and the App will install automatically:
- Start the installation
- Add the extension
- Click when download completes
- Double-click to launch the app
- Confirm to open the app
You'll land in the prep room. To check to make sure you're ready to join the meeting, you can:
- Check your image, to make sure you look good!
- Mute (or unmute) your camera or mic
- Change the device selection for camera, mic or speaker (if applicable)
- Join the meeting, or
- Join via another connection option (from a telephone, room system, share your screen only, and other options)
Calendar in your App
Integrate your BlueJeans App with your Gmail or Outlook Calendar. This will allow you to review recent meetings, and, see your upcoming meetings and join them directly from the App! The app supports:
- Gmail in Mac/Windows/Linux, and
- Outlook 2010, 2013, 2015 & 2016 in Windows.
- Click an upcoming meeting bar to see the details. Click the Join button to join the meeting,
- Hover over an upcoming meeting and click the Join button to go directly into the meeting,
- Click to join your Personal Meeting ID (use the "i" link to copy your Personal Meeting URL),
- Click to Schedule a new meeting (from the web app),
- Join a different meeting (hosted by someone else), entering their meeting ID.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the app delivered on Windows; MSI or EXE?
The standard EXE installer is available from our Downloads page. Individual users who don’t have the app installed will be prompted to download the EXE file when they join a meeting and choose "BlueJeans App" from the list of available Connection Options. If you are an admin that wants to deploy the BlueJeans App to multiple users, please Click Here to learn more about our MSI Deployment options.
What are the Supported Operating Systems?
- Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista.
- Mac OS X 10.9 and above.
- Linux on Red Hat v7 and above and Fedora v22 and above.
Is there a Minimum Version Requirement?
In order to provide the best software and product support for our customers, we must periodically retire older versions of software. This enables BlueJeans to continue to innovate and deliver features and enhancements for our valued customers.
Effective January 1st, 2017, BlueJeans App versions 1.16 and older will be officially retired. Users on retired versions of the software will need to update to latest version. Users will be prompted to update to the latest version available, when the app launches. Once updated, all future updates will be done automatically.
How can I check which Version I'm Using and Update If Needed?
- Launch the BlueJeans App.
- Click on the 'Blue Jeans' tab in the top, left-hand, corner of the interface.
- Select 'About Blue Jeans' from the list to confirm your current BlueJeans App version.
- Select 'Check for Updates' from the list to confirm if any updates are available.
What if an user doesn’t have admin privileges to install the BlueJeans application?
The BlueJeans application does not require admin privileges.
What if the application won’t install due to our Antivirus or Security systems put in place?
We would recommend whitelisting the BlueJeans App to allow the application to install without interference.